Venue: Remote Access (internal) - Remote access
Contact: Democratic Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Declarations of interest
Members and Officers will disclose any pecuniary and any other significant interests they may have in relation to the matters under consideration.
To confirm as a correct record the minutes of the Emergency Powers Non-Executive Decisions meeting held on 22 July 2020.
The minutes of the Emergency Powers meeting, which dealt with decisions normally reserved for Planning Committee, held on Wednesday 22 July 2020 were confirmed as a correct record.
The Schedule of Appeals lodged and decided between 1st July- 14th August 2020, is attached.
That the position regarding the appeals, as set out on pages 21-52 of the agenda reports pack, be noted and that any Member requiring any further details or clarification on any appeal, should contact the relevant case officer.
In preparing the reports on this agenda the following documents have been used:
1. The Wyre Borough Local Plan (2011-2031)
2. Draft Revised Joint Lancashire Minerals and Waste Local Plan
3. Joint Lancashire Minerals and Waste Local Plan
4. Statements of Government Policy/guidance (NPPF, NPPG, Ministerial Statements etc.)
5. Supplementary Planning Guidance and evidence base documents specifically referred to in the reports
6. The application file (as per the number at the head of each report)
7. The forms, plans, committee reports and decisions as appropriate for the historic applications specifically referred to in the reports
8. Any additional information specifically referred to in each report.
These background documents are available on line, or for inspection by a written request to Planning Services, Civic Centre, Breck Road, Poulton-le-Fylde, FY6 7PU.
Reports of the Head of Planning Services on planning applications to be determined at this meeting:
The Head of Planning Services submitted one application and report to be considered.
Change of use of existing bungalow into a children’s care home and works to building including roof lift, single storey rear link extension and addition of pitched roof to existing garage
The application was brought to the meeting for determination due to the fact that the application had been before the emergency powers decision meeting on 22 July 2020. It had been brought back to the emergency powers decision meeting due to an administrative error that had resulted in letters to the neighbours of the site not being printed and posted. Therefore, following the expiry of the consultation period and the report being updated to take account of the representations received, the application was brought back for reconsideration.
Councillors Moon and Ballard confirmed they were familiar with the site due to a recent site visit relating to another application on the site. Prior to the meeting, the site photographs were also distributed to further assist with the understanding of the proposal and its impact.
It was stated that Environmental Health had amended their comments in light of the misunderstanding of the application noted in the previous report
Councillors Ballard and Moon considered the application with the additional comments by neighbours.
The Chief Executive confirmed he had given regard to the additional comments and to the fact that there had been no real material change. Subsequently, he decided that the application be approved (as per the recommendation) under the provisions of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, subject to the conditions listed below.
1. The development must be begun before the expiration of three years beginning with the date of this permission.
Reason: This condition is required to be imposed pursuant to Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 as amended by Section 51 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
2. The development shall be carried out, except where modified by the conditions to this permission, in accordance with the Planning Application received by the Local Planning Authority on 27.05.2020 including the following plans/documents:
· Site Location Plan - A020/054/S/02
· Proposed Elevations and Site Plan - A020/054/P/02
· Proposed Floor Plans - A020/054/P/03 Rev A
· Proposed Street Scene - A020/054/P/01
The development shall be retained hereafter in accordance with this detail.
Reason: For the avoidance of doubt and so that the Local Planning Authority shall be satisfied as to the details.
3. The development shall be carried out strictly using those materials specified on the approved plans and application form unless other minor variations are submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority after the date of this permission and before implementation.
Reason: To safeguard the visual amenities of the locality and in accordance with Policy CDMP3 of the Wyre Local Plan (2011-31).
4. The premises shall be used for a children's care home as described in this application only and for no other purpose (including any other purpose in Class C2 of the Schedule to the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987, (or in any provision equivalent to that Class in any statutory instrument revoking and re-enacting that Order with or without modification) without express planning consent from the Local Planning ... view the full minutes text for item 34.