Contact: Duncan Jowitt Democratic Services ent Officer
Report of the Corporate Director Resources
The Corporate Director Resources submitted a report seeking approval to offer a renewed contact to PR Chauffeuring Services Ltd for the provision of the Mayor’s chauffeur and attendant service.
The Resources Portfolio Holder agreed that
· an exemption to the Council’s Financial Regulation’s and Procedure Rules be applied to enable the offer of a renewed contract on the grounds that the ‘goods and services provided are of a specialised nature carried out by only one or a limited number of firms with no reasonable satisfactory alternative available’.
· a renewed contract be offered to PR Chauffeuring Services Ltd for a period from the 1 July 2021 for three years, until 30 June 2024, with the option to extend for up to an additional two years.
Report of the Corporate Director Environment
The Corporate Director Environment submitted a report asking for approval to implement new arrangements for off-street car parking enforcement, back office administration and cash collection from 1 September 2021 onwards, following the expiry of the existing contract with Lancashire Parking Services.
The Neighbourhood Services and Community Safety Portfolio Holder agreed that the council
· appoint Chipside Lancashire/NSL Ltd to deliver and manage the enforcement service for Wyre’s car parks, including payments and all correspondence throughout the three stage appeals process.
· appoint Chipside Lancashire/NSL Ltd to collect, count and bank cash from the council’s car park meters and from council offices.
· provide all necessary equipment and accommodation to allow Civil Enforcement Officers to undertake parking enforcement duties on council car parks on behalf of the council.
The Resources Portfolio Holder gave approval to deal with the award of the contract under the exemptions to Contract Procedures, contained within the Financial Regulations and Financial Procedure Rules on the grounds that the goods, works or services were of a specialised nature carried out by only one or a limited number of firms with no reasonably satisfactory alternatives available.
Appendix 1: Summary of estimated costs
is exempt from publication under category 3 “Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information)”.