Venue: Remote Access via webex
Contact: Duncan Jowitt Democratic Services Officer
Declarations of Interest
Members will disclose any pecuniary and any other significant interests they may have in relation to the matters under consideration.
To confirm as a correct record the minutes of the meeting of the Licensing Committee held on 27 February 2020 and Licensing Sub-Committee meetings of 22 April 2020, 8 June 2020 and 10 June 2020 attached.
Deferred until the next meeting of the full Licensing Committee.
Report of the Corporate Director Environment, attached.
The Corporate Director Environment submitted a report to provide members of the Licensing Sub-Committee with information to assist them to determine an application submitted under section 159 of the Gambling Act 2005 (the Act), for a new premises licence.
The Sub-Committee agreed to proceed with the hearing in the absence of the objectors and considered the following documents:
· the report of the Corporate Director Environment,
· additional information submitted by the Applicant on Friday 24 July 2020 and Wednesday 29 July 2020,
· Blackpool Council’s Notice of Rejection in respect of an application at 40, Abingdon Street dated 29 June 2020 submitted by Mr Whur.
The Sub-Committee also heard oral evidence by video link from:
· Paddy Whur (solicitor acting on behalf of three objectors).
In reaching its decision, the Sub-Committee had regard to:
1. The Gambling Act 2005 (the Act)
2. The Guidance and Code of Practice published by the Gambling Commission
3. The Council’s Statement of Gambling Policy 2016-2021.
4. The Human Rights Act 1998
After due deliberation, the Sub-Committee decided to grant the premises licence, subject to the mandatory and default conditions prescribed in the Act and subject to the proposed licence conditions offered by the Applicant on p.2 of the Applicant's bundle.
Reasons for the Decision