Venue: Council Chamber - Civic Centre, Poulton-le-Fylde. View directions
Contact: Emma Keany Democratic Services Officer
Declarations of interest
Members will disclose any pecuniary and any other significant interests they may have in relation to the matters under consideration.
To confirm as a correct record the minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 05 February 2020.
The minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on Wednesday 5 February 2020 were confirmed as a correct record.
The Schedule of Appeals lodged and decided between 15 January 2019 – 15 February 2020, is attached.
That the position regarding the appeals, as set out on pages 19 - 20 of the agenda, be noted and that any Member requiring any further details or clarification on any appeal, should contact the relevant Case Officer.
In preparing the reports on this agenda the following documents have been used:
1. The Wyre Borough Local Plan (2011-2031)
2. Draft Revised Joint Lancashire Minerals and Waste Local Plan
3. Joint Lancashire Minerals and Waste Local Plan
4. Statements of Government Policy/guidance (NPPF, NPPG, Ministerial Statements etc.)
5. Supplementary Planning Guidance and evidence base documents specifically referred to in the reports
6. The application file (as per the number at the head of each report)
7. The forms, plans, committee reports and decisions as appropriate for the historic applications specifically referred to in the reports
8. Any additional information specifically referred to in each report.
These background documents are available on line, or for inspection by a written request to Planning Services, Civic Centre, Breck Road, Poulton-le-Fylde, FY6 7PU.
Reports of the Head of Planning Services on planning applications to be determined at this meeting:
The Head of Planning Services submitted four applications and reports to be considered.
Change of use of former Police Station to create a mixed use retail and leisure development comprising a food/retail hall, the erection of a part single and part 2 storey rear extension (following demolition of existing garages to the rear) and inclusion of external seating area to the front.
The application was brought before Members of the Planning Committee for determination as the application was deemed to be of public interest.
A site visit took place to enable Members to understand the proposal beyond the plans submitted and the photos taken by the Case Officer.
An update sheet with additional information was published on the council’s website and made available at the meeting, this information only having become available after the original agenda was published. The committee considered the update sheet, which removed condition 11.
Deborah Smith (Agent to the applicant) spoke in favour of the application.
It was proposed by Councillor Moon, seconded by Councillor Ballard and a decision was taken that the application be approved (as per the recommendation) under the provisions of the Town and Country Planning Act
1990, as set out below.
1. The development must be begun before the expiration of three years beginning with the date of this permission.
Reason: This condition is required to be imposed pursuant to Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 as amended by Section 51 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
2. The development shall be carried out, except where modified by the conditions to this permission, in accordance with the Planning Application received by the Local Planning Authority on 08/01/2020 including the following plans/documents:
· Location Plan 1970/Ex00 Rev C
· Proposed Site Plan1970/PL02 Rev C
· Proposed Floor Plans - Ground 1970/PL02 Rev B
· Proposed Floor Plans - First 1970/PL03/ Rev B
· Proposed Elevations / Sections 1 of 2 1970/PL04 Rev B
· Proposed Elevations / Sections 2 of 2 1970/PL05 Rev B
· Proposed Lighting - Ground floor019.127.E1 Rev PL1
· Proposed Lighting - First Floor 019.127.E2 Rev PL1
· Proposed Mechanical Services - Ground Floor019.127.M1 Rev P2
· Proposed Mechanical Services - First Floor019.127.M2 Rev P2
· Proposed Mechanical Services - Roof019.127.M3 Rev P2
The development shall be retained hereafter in accordance with this detail.
Reason: For the avoidance of doubt and so that the Local Planning Authority shall be satisfied as to the details.
3. No development above ground level shall be commenced until details of the materials and external finishes to be used in the construction of the external surfaces of the building (including the external walls, roof, and windows) have first been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The development shall be carried out using the approved materials.
Reason: To safeguard the visual amenities of the locality and in accordance with Policy CDMP3 of the Wyre Local Plan (2011-31).
4. Prior to the commencement of development, including any demolition works, a Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The CEMP shall include and specify the provision to be made for the following:
(a) dust and dirt mitigation measures during the demolition / construction period; complaint management and arrangements for liaison with the Council's Environmental Protection Team
(b) control of noise and vibration emanating from the site during ... view the full minutes text for item PA.51